Ads

In the shop ~ ANGOL Szókincs


Questions to sales assistent or cashier:

  • Excuse me…how much is…?
  • What does …. cost?
  • Is “this” on sale?
  • What is the price after the discount?
  • What’s the total?
  • How much do I owe you?
  • Do you take/accept credit card?
  • May I try this on?
  • Do you have “this” in…? (a different size: extra small, small, medium, large, extra large)
  • Can you tell me where the … are? (apples, coats)
Your problems:

  • I’m afraid, you gave me the wrong change. (incorrect money back after you make a purchase)
  • It doesn’t fit.
  • It’s the wrong size.
  • I need to return this. = I need to take this back.
  • I lost my receipt. (paper that shows proof of purchase)
  • Excuse me, I can’t find the … (ladies clothing, men’s wear, toy section)


It’s okay to put something back on the shelf if the price is too high. The clerk might put it away for you. Smile and say, “Sorry, that’s more than I thought it would be.”
It’s polite to have small talk with the cashier. If the price is great, smile and say, “That’s a good deal!”

by: Szigetfalvi Andi
Share on Google Plus

About

0 megjegyzés: