Ads

Idiomes with pets ~ ANGOL Szókincs


Ma van az Állatok Világnapja! Nézzünk ma néhány hasznos állatos angol kifejezést! Szólások, a leírásuk mellett pedig példamondatokat is találsz a használatukhoz. Középhaladó szint!





In the dog house: to be in trouble with another person
Example: I don’t think Sonia is coming out tonight. She’s still in the dog house for forgetting Jeremy’s birthday.

Hold your horses! - wait and be patient
Example: Hold your horses! I’ll be finished in the bathroom in a minute.


Raining cats and dogs: raining heavily
Example: I forgot my umbrella, and it was raining cats and dogs.



Kill two birds with one stone: get two things done at once.
Example: If you pick the groceries up when you drop Kevin off for his shift, you will kill two birds with one stone.

A nest egg: money saved for the future
Example: We have a nest egg that we might use when Jim retires.




Pig out: eat a lot of something.
Example: I pigged out on pancakes for breakfast so I don’t have room for lunch.

Rat race: fierce, competitive struggle for power, position, etc.
Example: I’m ready to leave this rat race and retire!
Smell a rat: begin to suspect trickery etc.
Example: The detective smelled a rat when the brakes of his car were cut.

Share on Google Plus

About

0 megjegyzés: